Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Bandung

On my holiday break, I went to Bandung. It is the where the mountain is. I went with 30 other singles. We had such a blast. We all stayed in one Villa! Two rooms for all the girls to squeeze into and two rooms for all the boys to squeeze into. Not to mention one bathroom with no running water for the toilet. It was an experience to remember! It cost me 14$ US dollars for transportation to and from Bandung, two nights stay at the villa and one complete meal, with a few snacks. The other meals were not provided, I bought my own, then. So for the money that I spent, I'd say I did pretty well. This is how most people live, so I sure did not complain! In fact, I had the time of my life, as you might be able to see from the pictures!




The brothers and sisters here love to sing and dance. Here, we are being serenaded by one bro with the guitar!





They love to sing American songs! They knew more songs then I did!






They were amazed when they found out I knew the "electric slide!" HA!






We drove to sulfer hotsprings on the mountain.







My new silly friends!







This is the view I woke up to in Bandung every morning!






Bandung grows a lot of strawberries. People even grown them in their own yard to sell them.






Our last meal together!