Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Women's Day and Worship Concert

This weekend, was amazing! I enjoyed my entire weekend with the church family. I am beginning to feel so much closer to people here, and I think I'm making some good friends. I feel bad because at church so many people come up to talk to me, and there at so many people in the church that I just can't remember who I meet on Sundays anymore. I forget everyone's name, unless I"ve spent time with them. I'm so encouraged that people want to be my friends. Here are some pictures of the concert this weekend. I tried to upload a video I taped, but I couldn't get it to work. The pictures don't do the concert justice. The concert had all kinds of special effects... a video, fake snow, different-colored lights, strobe lights, and confetti at the end.


This is our women's day program. It was so great and inspiring! Nadine Templer from India preached the lesson. We have some famous Indonesians that our a part of our church... so they put together a huge concert with all of their famous friends. It was a huge production and very well put together. I enjoyed myself.



This is a famous singer in Indonesia that is similar to our "Elton John." He sang at our Church Worship Concert.






This is another famous Indonesian singer (Jimmy). He is like our Justin Timberlake. He is studying the Bible. Cool, huh?





This is Ria Warner. She is a famous singer in Indonesia as well. Her career took off when she was nine years old. She is part of our church, and is one of the disciples that put the whole concert together. She now only pursues her singing career on the side, she has devoted her life to God, and is on staff in the church. She has got an amazing story.