Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

This is the Batak wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. If you read further down, theres a better description of the wedding and the traditions. It was an amazing experience.



This is me in my traditional wedding clothes. Don't laugh at my hair!










This is the bride, Ana. She is wearing the traditional wedding clothes, a kebeya and sonket.










This is the bride, groom, groomsman and me. We are welcoming all the guests.








These are the Batak dancers at the wedding.









This is me and the ushers of the wedding. They are wearing kebeyas also.











My friend Maria and I.









This is Ana singing Kareoki at her wedding. She is singing "The Greatest Love of All."









This is Ana and Albert at the hotel after the reception. They are so silly! I thought this picture described a little bit of their personalities.