Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving in Jakarta


I spent Thanksgiving Dinner with Sam my principal, his wife Teresa (4th Grade Teacher), Derek (3rd Grade Teacher) and his wife. We had a good time, but I wouldn't say it felt like Thanksgiving. The food wasn't what we thought and it was supposed to be a whole staff party, but we were the only ones who showed up. It was quite different then what I expected.





This is my Thanksgiving dinner at the Le Miridian Hotel. It looks very delicious, but it certainly was no Thanksgiving meal I am used too. I had turkey, cranberries, fried potatoes, green beans, watermelon, oranges, papia, and some sort of chicken. The gravy for the turkey certainly was not turkey gravy from the states! I was sad that there was no mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. The food was good. It didn't really seem like Thanksgiving, though.

Luckily my friend Teresa felt sorry enough for me that she invited me over to their house on Sunday for a real Thanksgiving meal that they ordered from the only American caterer in town!