Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Jak Jazz Festival

In Jakarta Jak Jazz is a huge jazz festival. Jazz groups from all over the world fly in to perform at this festival. It is also quite pricey. My friend Ria Warna (From my church), has a group called "Warna" and they were performing at this festival. They are quite famous here in Indonesia. She invited me to go with her to the festival. So I had a day with a celebrity! I went with her to the salon before the performance, I got to go back stage with her and her group, and had special seating arranged for me. It was quite the experience. After she performed many cameras and reporters stopped her to interview and take pictures of her. I had such a blast just being able to see the life of a celebrity through the eyes of a celebrity! Here are some pictures...



The group "Warna."







This is the group "Warna" performing at Jak Jazz.








This is my view of what it was like to hang out with a celebrety! Ha! We got stopped everywhere at Jak Jazz by camera's and interviewers. It was quite entertaining from my position.




This is to prove I was actually with the famous group: "Warna"