Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Vacation in the States!

Back home I went for Christmas and New Years! I'm so glad that Sarah Brockob's wedding was during this time, because it pushed me to go back home for the holidays... a well needed time of refreshment. I was able to connect with Evergreen Primanry and my old co-workers whom I miss dearly! I even ran into a few of my old students and got to see how they are doing in first grade!

I got to spend Christmas with my family and practice our traditions... going to family friends houses for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas day dinner. And had a bountiful Christmas morning full of Christmas songs and wraping paper on the floor. And I even got to enjoy a tiny bit of Christmas snow falling from the sky!

I went on a weekend get-away with some of my closest girls friends. We spent the night in a hotel in downtown Seattle and went shopping and to a movie, and I can't forget the Cheesecake factory!

New Years was a ball! No, literally a "Ball," a Macarade Ball. I spent the Eve with my friends back at home and we partied it down until late! Our masks were a big hit!

I was able to spend some good quality time with my family at a theatrical play and shopping downtown at Pike's Place! I had to do the "Seattle Thing!"

Then of course to put the cherry on top of the icing was Sarah's Wedding! Wow! How beautiful she looked, and Double Wow! Wow! for how cold it was in Montana! It was a memorable roadtrip, that went right along with a memorable day of celebration. It was so good to reconnect with some of the "Old T-Town Group."

ALl in all my vacation was so refreshing, and I enjoyed myself quite a bit. I was ready to come back to the warm weather in Indonesia, however. It's back to sunscreen and mosquito spray every morning!