Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Monday, March 31, 2008

An Average Sunday After Church


Jeki and I





Angel and Yuni





Asien, Hapi, and Jeki




Maria, Wahu, and Renti






Every Sunday after church I eat lunch with my friends in the basement of the church building. There's a food court there, with lots of choices of Indonesian or Chinese Food. The food is quite good and extremely cheap. Here you can get a good meal for 1500 Rp = $1.50 This is what I call "GREAT EATING." We have so much fun! Most of the girls I eat with do not speak English, so its a good time for me to practice my Bahasa. I'm so surprised at how far I've come and how much I can communicate now. This is one of my favorite times of the week!