Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Cilin Cing Beach


Walking on the becah of Cilin Cing.




This is what parts of the water look like at the beach.




This is what the young kids do if they are too young to help with the family business.



This is what the people do... look for any sort of sea-food animal they can sell at the market.




Part of the boating village.




The horribly disgusting dirty beach in Cilin Cing.








Cilin Cing is the area that I teach English in. This is a very very poor part of the city. It is a fisherman town, and so it is near the water. I haven't been brave enough to take pictures of the villagers just yet. Next time I go, I think I'll ask them if I can take pictures of their village and the people. But so far all I have to show you is the beach. However, I think the beach will shock most of you.