Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Metro Mini










The Metro Mini is one of the public transportations in Jakarta. There's many different kinds of transportation:
1. Mikrolet / Ankot
2. Metro Mini
3. Bajaj
4. Taxi
5. Busway
The Metro Mini is a bus that is bigger then the mikrolet but smaller then the busway. Its an interesting experience going on the Metro Mini. People jump on while it is still moving, and people jump off while it is still moving. However it does also make official stops. Some locals hop on the bus and play music for those who are riding the bus, of course this is to make some money. But it is quite entertaining. This is the closest that public transportaion has ever gotten to a rollar coaster ride. It is so bumpy and rough! Its not a pleasant ride, but its cheap and gets you where you need to go. My local friend won't let me take this by myself, because its sort of dangerous, many people get robbed and harassed on this bus. So I stay away from it, because I'm an easy target since I'm a bule.