Hey guys! This is a blog about my experience in Indonesia. I am not sure how often I will be able to update it, but I'd like to keep you all informed. I'll be teaching in North Jakarta (Kelapa Gading area) for the school year of 2007-2008 (August '07 - June '08). I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten at North Jakarta International School.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Philippines With My Sister

My sister and I took a trip to the Philippines. We flew into Manila and then took a boat to an island called, "Puerta Galera." The island was beautiful. Its a diving island, and I got my scuba diving certification. It was a very relaxing trip. We spent 7 days on the island then went back to Manila for one night. I met up with some people in Manila and then flew back to Jakarta the very next day.


The boat we took from Manila to Puerta Galera.


The view from our dive resort (El Galleon) in Puerta Galera. I got my diving certification here! I love diving! Its a whole new world under the sea!


The beautiful night in Puerta Galera!


Jen and I celebrated Easter Sunday with an "Easter Dinner" at one of the resorts... it was expensive... but worth it.


This is a "tricycle"... Its a motor bike with a side car... my sister and I rode everywhere in these.


Island of Puerta Galera.


Waterfalls


Hiking up to "Paradise."


This is a our Philipino barbeque! Mmmm Delicious... Chicken, Pork, Fish!


This is Pradise... That was literally the name of it!






Jen, with some of the kids selling things along our hike. They acted as guides and salesmen... They were very sweet and were so curious about us, just like we were curious about them.




Crossing the crazy bridge to the Philipino Village.




This little girl really caugh my attention in the Village.


This is a Philipino Village.


This is a secondary school in one of the Villages in Puerta Galera. Can you imagine your kids going to school here? I can't imagine teaching here. Wow, was I humbled.


We jumped at an opportunity to have Mexican Food in Asia! It wasn't what we'd hoped for... but it did the trick for a little while.


Did you know that they really built Noah's Arc on the beach in Puerta Galera, Philippines?


I make friends everywhere I go...


Who said they give small portions in Asia?
There's actually a funny story behind this pictures.


Guess what I found in Manila, Philippines! Wow!


I hooked up with a few of the people from my church in Manila. This is my new friend, Leah. She took Matt and my sister and I around on Friday, March 28th.


And to end my trip...
Who would have thought I'd meet up with a friend (Matt) from Tacoma half way around the world in Manila, Philippines! CRAZY!